Ver Museo Architekturmuseum Der Technischen Universität München

Profile Information
The Architekturmuseum was established in 1868 as a teaching collection for students of architecture at the New Polytechnic College, the precursor to the present-day Technical University. When Friedrich von Thiersch erected a new building for the University in Gabelsbergerstrasse in 1912, the architectural collection was accommodated in a large, impressive wing that formed the center of the Department of Architecture.

Due to changes in the formal education of architects - drawings and models were replaced by photographs and glass negatives, and planning increasingly focused on constructional engineering - the historic model collection was used less and less for instructional purposes in the 20s and 30s. The collection gradually turned into an architectural archive and was used for scientific research purposes.
Información de Contacto
Obras de Arte